Shelter is a new and exciting hybrid of collectible card games and the castle defence genre.
Shelter is an exciting new zombie card game for iPhone, Android and Windows Phone.
Playing like a hybrid of a collectible card game and the castle defence genre, Shelter offers players countless hours of addictive and challenging game-play.
Think you have what it takes to defend yourself from the zombie onslaught? Fight to be reunited with the woman you love by defining your strategy, but be warned…
…You will NEED to adapt to survive.
- Deep, but accessible gameplay. Easy to learn. Hard to master.
- Rich, detailed visuals inspired by graphic novels.
- More than 100 game cards.
- Compelling story and characters.
- Take allies into battle with you and supplement your own deck with theirs.
- Integrated deck builder for deeply customisable play.
- 5 Campaign levels including a free roaming level (with more to come).
The inspiration for Shelter comes from the desire to combine the complex, rich gaming mechanics of collectible-card duelling games with the simple accessible gameplay of the castle defence genre.
Shelter is a single player game where you build a deck of duelling cards and take them into battle against a zombie deck that “plays itself”. The zombie deck is not controlled by a hideously complex AI, but plays based on a simple set of rules and dice rolls for that element of chance. You must fight off the waves of zombies before they smash your shelter’s barricades and start munching on your brains.
You choose your survival strategy when you build your deck. Do you pack as many guns into your deck as you can? Do you use traps and reinforce your defences? Do you stun stronger zombies and pick off the weak ones? You have the freedom to play as you want.
As you win duels, you will be rewarded with new cards to work into your deck and streamline your play style.
The following are some examples of user reviews for Shelter:
- 5/5 - So much fun. The other day, I pulled it out while Skyrim was loading, and kept playing until dinner… Never did end up playing Skyrim.
- 5/5 – Not normally a big fan of strategic card games like this…but got to say I’m deeply impressed by this one…
- 5/5 – Good graphics, entertaining and super full. Recommended 100%!
- 5/5 – Great card game, perhaps the best on windows phone, hope u guys can make more fantastic games like this! I’ll buy them for sure.
- 5/5 – Great game. East to learn, harder to master. A lot of good entertainment
- 5/5 – Really fun card game. Easy to pick up and addictive.
When is it available?
Shelter is available now on the following platforms:
I would love to hear people’s thoughts on how they would like to experience the game, however. If you would love to see a real pack of cards in your hand, cooperative play or a Linux compatible PC port then get in touch so I can get a feel for how you want to play. Just head to the Contact page and send me a message.